Hubi's MIDI Loopback Device
In real time mode, intelliScore enables you to play an acoustic instrument and send corresponding MIDI information to a MIDI output device such as your computer's sound card or external synthesizer. However, if you want to send the MIDI information to sequencing software, you need to route the MIDI information to a MIDI input device. IntelliScore ships with the popular Hubi's MIDI Loopback Device to accomplish this routing of MIDI information. Hubi's MIDI Loopback device acts as virtual MIDI input and output device drivers on your computer.
Your computer must be running Windows 98/Me to use Hubi's MIDI Loopback Device. If your computer is running a more recent version of Windows, Hubi's MIDI Loopback Device installation files will not be present on your computer.
Several internal updates have been applied to improve program stability. As a result, version 8.1 is no longer fully functional under versions of Windows prior to XP. Hubi's MIDI Loopback Device is being supplied as a courtesy to our customers whose computers are still running an older version of Windows. We do not provide technical support for it.
To install Hubi's MIDI Loopback Device on your computer, perform the following steps:
1. From your computer's Start menu, click Settings, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click on Add New Hardware.
3. Click the Next button twice in the Add New Hardware wizard.
4. When you reach the question "Do you want Windows to search for your new hardware?", select No and click the Next button.
5. Double-click on Sound, video and game controllers from the list of devices.
6. Click the Have Disk button.
7. Enter the following path: C:\Program Files\intelliScore Ensemble\Hubi's MIDI Loopback Device, assuming you installed intelliScore in the default location of C:\Program Files\intelliScore Ensemble (or C:\Program Files\intelliScore Polyphonic if you have the Polyphonic Edition of intelliScore). Click the OK button.
8. On the Select Device window, click the OK button.
9. On the Add New Hardware wizard, click the Finish button.
10. On the Hubi's LoopBack configuration window, click the OK button to accept the default settings.
11. Restart your computer when requested.
12. Some computers running Windows 98 have trouble after rebooting. If this happens to you, boot to Safe Mode, remove the file midlpbk.drv from the system folder and reboot to restore your computer.
To set up intelliScore, Hubi's MIDI Loopback, and your sequencer to work together, perform the following steps:
1. In intelliScore, select Tools | Options in the menu.
2. In the drop-down list under MIDI Device, select LB1.
3. Click the OK button to save your settings.
4. In your sequencer, set LB1 as the MIDI input port.
To record MIDI directly into your sequencer from your acoustic instrument, perform the following steps:
1. Open your sequencer.
2. In intelliScore, enter real time mode.
3. In your sequencer, start recording.
4. You will see the data appear in your sequencer as you play your instrument. The MIDI you hear as you record is now determined by the MIDI output port setting in your sequencer. If you are using the LB1 device to connect intelliScore to your sequencer, you must have your sequencer in mode to hear the MIDI.
The processing requirements placed on your computer by running intelliScore and your sequencer at the same time may cause an increased latency between when you play a note on your instrument and when the note appears in your sequencer.
If you have any further questions about Hubi's MIDI Loopback device, refer to the included text file midlpbk.txt or email the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.